Harvest is one church in multiple locations. Each is an integral part of God’s work. We encourage believers who are considering joining our church to understand what that commitment means.
Following are common questions about becoming a member of Harvest. Please click on the question and it will take you to the answer. If you have other questions, please contact us at any time.
- Why would I want to become a member of your church?
- What is required of members?
- What is the new members' class?
- OK. I want to become a member. What do I do next?
- What if I decide I don't want to join?
- To become an integral part of a larger body (the body of Christ) that seeks to live and breathe to serve Christ, live in unity with each other, and love their neighbors as themselves,
- to experience personal spiritual growth.
- to join in the Lord's work, and
- to receive the church’s corporate endorsement of your salvation.
All members must:
- be believers,
- understand what it means to be saved,
- agree with Harvest’s purpose, vision, and theology,
- be hungry for further knowledge and discipleship, and
- support the ministry financially.
Before joining, new members must:
- attend members’ classes,
- participate in a believers baptism,
- understand and agree with the church on certain issues as outlined in the "Heart of Harvest," and
- sign a Membership Covenant. This document fully details the responsibilities and expectations of membership.
The new members’ class is offered for those serious about joining. The classes cover the gospel, ordinances, sanctification, the church's role, servanthood and stewardship, church leadership, evangelism and mission, spiritual gifts and tests, and more. We offer this 10-week new-member class many times throughout the year. To register for the next class, mark the Connect Card included in your weekly brochure or contact the church office. To become an integral part of a larger body (the body of Christ) that seeks to live and breathe to serve Christ, live in unity with each other, and love their neighbors as themselves.
For details on our member classes, click here and fill out a Connect Card. You can also call us at 724.548.5643.
That’s OK. We hope that you will continue to visit and be involved until you feel the call of God to a personal relationship with Christ by joining Harvest.