The Word of God
We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are:
• the inspired Word of God,
• the infallible and perfect Word of God,
• complete as the revelation of God's will for salvation, and
• the supreme and final authority in all matters to which they speak.
(Deuteronomy 4:2; Psalm 119:160; Matthew 5:18; John 10:35; 1 Corinthians 2:14-16; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21; Revelation 22:18-21)
We believe in one God, Creator and Sustainer of all things, eternally existing in three persons — the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Each is equal, divinely perfect, distinct but harmonious.
(Genesis 1:26; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 48:16; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1-2; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
God the Father
We believe in God, the Father, an infinite personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, justice, righteousness, and love. He is transcendent, and not of the same essence as His creation. We believe God:
• concerns Himself, mercifully, in the affairs of men,
• hears and answers prayer, and
• saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
(Matthew 6:26; John 4:24; John 17:1-3; 1 Timothy 6:15-16; James 1:17)
We believe that Jesus Christ:
• is God's eternal Son,
• is the true God,
• has precisely the same nature and attributes as God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit,
• was true man, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary,
• lived a sinless life, died, was buried, rose from the dead, and ascended to heaven,
• is seated at the right hand of God, and
• will return soon to judge the living and the dead and establish His kingdom — a kingdom that will endure forever.
(Matthew 1:18-25; Matthew 26:38; John 1:14; John 8:40; John 8:42; John 11:33; Hebrews 2:14-15; 1 Timothy 2:5)
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the Holy Spirit, His personality, and His work in regeneration, sanctification, and preserving the saints.
He reveals the Son and convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
His ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and implement Christ's work of redeeming the lost and empowering the believer for godly living and service.
(Psalm 139:7; Isaiah 40:13-14; John 3:5-7; John 14:16-17; John 16:8; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:10-11; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 1:13; Titus 3:5)
We believe God created man — the first male and female — in His image and gave them authority over all the earth.
Adam and Eve were joined in marriage from the start to reflect the future union of Christ and the Church. Man and woman, joined in marriage, reflect God’s image in a unique manner. Marriage between man and man or woman and woman is not possible, and therefore, an abomination to God.
Man sinned, and consequently experienced physical death; and spiritual death, which is separation from God. The results of this sin affect the entire human race.
All human beings are born with a sinful nature resulting in acts of sin in thought, word, and deed.
Humans can do some good works in the eyes of other humans. However, in relation to their spiritual standing before God, all are lost without the atoning work of Christ.
Although man is a sinner, being created in the image of God means he is more valued than all other life forms on earth.
(Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 2:17; Genesis 3:6; Genesis 9:1-3; Mark 7:20-23; John 2:24- 25; Romans 5:12-19; Ephesians 2:1- 3; Ephesians 4:18)
• Satan exists,
• he is a created being,
• he accuses the brethren and opposes God,
• he works in the world to destroy the souls of men; and
• Satan, his angels, and all humans who do not receive Christ as their Savior, will eternally perish in the lake of fire.
(Matthew 25:41; Revelation 12:9; Revelation 19:20; Revelation 20:10, 14, 15)
We believe in the bodily resurrection of all mankind.
Believers are resurrected to enjoy eternal life with God.
The wicked are resurrected for eternal judgement, then eternity in the lake of fire.
(Daniel 12:2; Matthew 25:46; John 5:28-29; 1 Corinthians 15:52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 20:4-6; Revelation 20:12-15; Revelation 21:1-8)
We believe in salvation by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ.
"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
We believe that salvation:
• is based on God’s sovereign grace,
• was purchased by Christ's shed blood on the cross,
• is received by man through faith, apart from any human merit, work or ritual,
• results in repentance from sin and obedience to Christ's commands to love God and love your neighbor.
(John 1:12; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:28; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 2:11; Titus 3:5; 1 John 1:10)
We believe that the Church:
• is the institution ordained of God to further the Kingdom until Christ comes again,
• is Christ's Bride to be presented by Him, holy and spotless before His Father in Heaven,
• will not be conquered — by even hell itself.
Each church member is gifted by God to build the collective body and be an ambassador of Christ.
We believe the ordinances of the local church are believers baptism and the Lord's Supper.
(Matthew 16:18; Matthew 28:19; Acts 1:5; Acts 11:15-16; Ephesians 4:4-6; 1 Corinthians 12:13; 1 Corinthians 15:51- 53; Colossians1:18; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; Titus 2:13)
God commands the believer to be Spirit filled.
The Holy Spirit leads the believer in prayer, understanding of Scriptures, worship, fellowship, service. The Spirit enables the believer to have victory over temptation and sin.
We do not believe perfection is attainable in this life; however all believers are, by the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, to make progressive steps of growth toward spiritual maturity and the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
(Isaiah 45:22; Isaiah 49:6; Matthew 28:18-20; John 10:28-30; John 14:16-17; John 17:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 1:12-15; Romans 5:12-19; Romans 6:1-11; Romans 8:11-13; Romans 8:38-39; Romans 12:3-8; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31; 2 Corinthians 5:18-20; Galatians 6:1-2; Ephesians 2:1-3; Ephesians 2:10; Ephesians 4:11-16; Ephesians 4:30; Philippians 2:12-13; Philippians 3:12-16; Colossians 1:28; 1 Timothy 3:1-12; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 1:23; 2 Peter 1:3; 1 John 2:1)