Big Fred's Bytes - January 20, 2018
This won’t take long but I have a few important announcements to bring to your attention.
- We are starting our Rebuilders (Divorce Care) Group this Tuesday Jan 23rd and then our Cross Talking (Recovery / Substance Abuse) on Wednesday Jan 24rd. These meetings are open to all campuses as well as our community. They start at 7pm and meet weekly in Pastor Mike’s office at the Kittanning Campus. (see p. 10 – Harvest Happenings booklet)
- Our sign-up deadline for India Mission Trip is approaching yet we still have time for you to join the team. If you were not able to attend our information meeting or still have questions to talk through, call Pastor Michael Harvey at 724-234-5109 directly. This team will be serving with our missionaries in New Delhi June 4th-16th and the application fee of $150 should be submitted with your application by the end of January. Total cost will be around $2,000 but don’t worry about that, take the step to submit your application first. We will help you work through the details. The focus of the team will be reaching out in children’s ministry with the Good News.
- I hope you’re enjoying your community group discussions and if you are not, we want to help. Our desire is to help you build friendships at Harvest as you grow in your understanding and use of God’s Word. Each week, we have many groups gathering in homes around our communities that chat, chew, and change… Talk with your Campus Pastor this week about finding a group(s) that might be a good fit for you. I am confident that this will help you in many ways.
- TLOT = The least of these… About three times each year we look for opportunities to partner with existing organizations that are committed to impacting significant challenges within our communities and our world. We call that our TLOT efforts. A key is that we partner groups that share the Gospel of Jesus Christ while helping those in need. That is ultimately the help that we all need. We could impact the immediate but without an eye toward eternity, our efforts are very temporary. So, at Harvest, our TLOT commits to do BOTH.
- This weekend, we are focusing on the Sanctity of Life and stand with Life Choices as they strive to come alongside women dealing with unexpected or challenging pregnancies. Valuing Life is not optional. At all weekend worship services, we are distributing Baby Bottles from Life Choices. These bottles may be returned anytime by February 5th with your donation to support the programs of Life Choices. In addition, Harvest has committed to our first TLOT effort of 2018 supporting Life Choices. That means you can give by returning the baby bottle with your donation and/or giving over and above regular giving by selecting TLOT on any of our online giving options or marking your specific offering for TLOT / Life Choices. This effort will be open through Feb 5th, 2018. 100% of all funds received at Harvest by that date marked for TLOT/Life Choices will go directly to Life Choices outreach and care.
We are looking forward to seeing you this weekend at Harvest. Harvest Kidz Ministries are planning some exciting events in the next few weeks. It’s a great time to invite your friends to join you at church to experience what God is doing through our ministries…
More in Big Fred's Bytes
July 18, 2019Big Fred's Bytes--July 18, 2019
June 20, 2019test post
May 16, 2019Big Fred's Bytes - Special Missions' Edition (Part 2 of 3)